Friday August 18, 2017 | 7:30 pm - 10:30 pm
This month we have a very special program. The BUTCH Voices conference is being held August 18-20, the same weekend as our program, and we are going to open the program to all conference attendees and move the location to OAKLAND (for the first time EVER), to the same venue as the BUTCH Voices conference. So for those of you in the East Bay, no bridge to cross! And for those of you in SF, be brave and come to Oakland!
And if butches weren’t enough to get you there, we’ll have a hands-on workshop on Sadistic Rope Play. Worried about having to produce complex ties and intricate suspensions in the dungeon? Get back to your sadomasochistic roots with this Sadistic Rope lab. The hot and talented Shadow will show you a few sexy and surprising ways to heighten the tension in your play using bondage.
The class will be formatted as a demo and discussion with practice time. No previous rope experience is needed. If you can, please bring your rope, your kinky bondage conversations, and your curiosity. Ideally, bring two 25-30 ft. lengths of rope; brownie points if you bring coconut rope. There will be some practice rope provided.
BUTCH Voices conference attendees are FREE for this program! Just show your conference badge at the door.
(Note: Because we are inviting all BUTCH Voices attendees to this program, even those who self-identify as male, there may be some male people in attendance. While this is outside our normal gender policy, we are making an exception to support the BUTCH Voices conference and its attendees.)
About our presenter:
Shadow saw some really hot bondage pictures online several years ago, picked up some Greenery Press books and Home Depot rope, and never looked back. She was an original co-host for Hitchin’ Bitches Bay Area for three years (although no longer affiliated with them), has tied at the Exiles booth at Leather Alley during SF Pride, and proselytizes in the good name of coconut rope to all of her kinky friends.
- All BUTCH Voices attendees of any gender are welcome. For non-attendees, all women (and those whose gender self-identification is other than maile) who are over 18 are welcome.
- ASL interpretation available on request. Please contact the co-coordinators at cocos (at) theexiles (dot) org at least a week in advance if you need an ASL interpreter, and one will be provided.
- BUTCH Voices attendees can get in for FREE by showing their conference badge.
- Members $5; non-members $10. Please have membership card or ID ready to speed entry.
- The program runs from 8:00 to about 10:15pm. with socializing at 7:30.
The Exiles is an inclusive and sex positive space for all people whose gender self-identification is other than male, regardless of level of experience. All such people are welcome, and racism, transphobia, classism, ageism, size discrimination, and other forms of discrimination have no place here.