It is with a heavy heart and with much deliberation, and monitoring of the unfolding Coronavirus outbreak and recommendations for “social distancing” that we announce;
The Exiles March Program featuring Miss Lola Sunshine with “Just the Wax Ma’am”, has been postponed to a later date this year.
The safety and health of our audience, members, volunteers and presenters are our highest priority, and we believe this is the most responsible action to take at this time.
• Election results will be announced online on Saturday, March 21, 2020. As always you may cast your vote online Here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf74Jei81-tf0ePl8arYF-yUQhpxbMcmyAknLcH_mgOhbA4iA/viewform
• The Exiles survives and thrives from the support of its community and is currently exploring how to offer live educational programs in the coming months via virtual media. Stay tuned!
• Meanwhile due to these unprecedented circumstances, which pose severe financial repercussions for our community and for The Exiles, we hope you will consider donating back to us; your local Women’s Leather Educational Organization. Donations are Tax-Deductible. You may join our Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/theexilessf or donate directly via PayPal: https://www.paypal.com/donate/?token=awbZiBMo6IXrsfC5IDnWWASlZLZLMp3PgDvgQkO6aBe33kYc6h4MU1ZQJ45hABVx3QGxwW&country.x=US&locale.x=US&Z3JncnB0=
• Have you renewed your membership? You can also do that online! By renewing your membership you will continue to support our organization’s educators, events and volunteers during this unprecedented time. Not to mention all the rewards of being an Exiles Member: discounts at programs, 10% vendor discount program, Safe Sex Supplies at wholesale, etc! Renew Here: https://theexiles.org/renewing-membership/
Even though “social distancing” is in place this should not prevent us from being there for each other in spirit. We THANK YOU for your continued support. Please be healthy, healthful and in good spirits!
Contact us at email@example.com with any questions or concerns.
Join Miss Lola Sunshine for a candlelit class on the ins and outs of wax play. We’ll show you wax for pain, wax for art, and wax just for the sake of making a big ole mess. Oh yeah and some safety stuff, too, probably. So, come on down! And remember– the real fun begins when somebody puts down a tarp!
NOTE: We will be meeting at The Women’s Building for this event!
To volunteer for this event, fill out the Volunteer Signup Form.
Abut our presenter:
Miss Lola Sunshine is a queer high femme, slut, pervert, and Leather Mommy. She believes in sex, glitter, excellent manners, and cooking with real butter. She teaches sex and kink education and has helped host and facilitate play parties and gatherings for adult littles, queer and trans people, and people of color in the Bay Area; which is where she lives, works, and plays with her dog Cupcake and over 50 pairs of shoes.
GETTING TO THE WOMEN’S BUILDING
- BART: The Women’s Building is close to 16th street BART. Special note: one side-effect of gentrification in the Mission is that there are a lot of people on the streets between
- The 22 Fillmore runs down 16th Street. Get off at 16th & Valencia and walk two blocks to The Women’s Building.
- The 14 Mission runs along Mission Street. Get off at 17th or 18th and walk 1-1/2 blocks to TWB.
Street parking is difficult in this neighborhood. There is an inexpensive locked parking garage available on 21st St. between Valencia and Mission and 16th and on Hoff St between Mission and Valencia.