Why join the Exiles?
Exiles members enjoy these benefits:
- Reduced door fees for all programs
- Discounts on safer sex supplies sold at programs
- Reciprocity with other leather organizations
- Our newsletter, The Lunatic Fringe
- Free personal ads in the newsletter
- The right to vote and become officers
Requirements for Membership
- Be a woman or a person whose gender self-identification is other than male
- Be over 18 years of age
- Have a personal and positive interest in bdsm
How to Become a Member
- Attend an Exiles Orientation
- Sign a Waiver and Liability Release
- Pay annual dues
Membership for Non-Locals
If you live outside of the Bay Area (outside of these counties: Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Napa, Sacramento, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, Solano, Sonoma) and are unable to attend the Exiles Safety Orientation, you can become an associate of The Exiles. This entitles you to and receive our monthly newsletter, The Lunatic Fringe, and attend Exiles events at the member rate. For more information contact the Membership Officer at membership (at) theexiles (dot) org.
Membership Types and Dues
Individual: $36.00 per year
Household: $42.00 per year: Two or more members living in the same house.
Hardship: $15.00 per year: Self-defined, for women who are having financial difficulties.
Associate: $18.00 per year
All memberships are due July 1, so if you join in the middle of the year, you pay a pro-rated rate.
“Reciprocity” means that Exiles members get into events sponsored by reciprocal organizations at their member rate, which can be a significant savings. As of 2014, the Exiles has reciprocity with the following:
- Society of Janus
- Lesbian Sex Mafia (New York)
- Black Rose (DC area)
- Bound By Desire (Austin)
- Bad Girls of Portland
Questions? Contact the Membership Officer at membership (at) theexiles (dot) org.