The Exiles is a 501(c)3 non-profit educational group for women who have a positive personal interest in BDSM. The group provides educational events where women with all levels of experience will have a safe place to meet, explore and share information about safety, play techniques and resources, and connect with the leather community locally and nationally.
We are comprised solely of volunteers – from the officers to the presenters. Many thanks to the people who have worked to make the Exiles YOUR club. Volunteer today!
If you are interested in presenting a program for the Exiles, go to our Administration page for details.
We are associated with the following fine organizations:
Our Monthly Activities
The Exiles’ host a monthly program on the 3rd Friday of every month. These are normally held at the Center for Sex & Culture in San Francisco, but check our website for specifics, as locations sometimes vary. Past program topics include: Fire Play, Branding, Radical Touch, Sex Bondage, BDSM & Disabilities, The Sensuous Power of Fisting, 24×7 D/s relationships, to name a few.
Our business meetings occur on the 1st Sunday of the month, alternating each month between San Francisco and Oakland. Members are invited and encouraged to attend.
Our Events & Participation
- Novice Night – our “sampler” program for newcomers & old timers (July).
- San Francisco LGBT Pride – we host a booth at Pride for info on the Exiles (June)
- Volunteer Party – Our way of saying Thank You to our volunteers (TBD)
- Folsom Meet & Greet – our pickup party prior to the Folsom St. Fair (Sept).
- Carnal Carnival – a fundraiser with fun and games (Dec)